Thursday, December 4, 2008

A little story starring Olivia

Well I became that person. The one who lets their child sleep with them. Now let me say that it wasn't al the time and it wasn't for long. It started as a way to help her trasition the time change. She was trying to get up at 6 and 6:30 so I had her come lay with me. Well, soon enough those snuggle times began to backfire. She was crying at night to come in my bed and the last three night has been up and in my bed/room at least three times during the night. I just take her back to her bed. She sure is cute though when she is sleeping right next to me...........all warm and snuggly........peaceful..............angelic...............anyway back to my story.
So, on Wednesday nights after church Phillip will bring Olivia home so that I can go to my friend Natalie's house to watch 90120. That's a show about teenagers and teenage drama. We, a bunch of late 20 somethings are addicted and we eat great desserts! Last night Phillip tells me this story~

Olivia went to bed ok. She was a little fussy, but she quietened really quickly. I feel asleep on the couch for a while. I went upstairs to go to bed. I was going to tuck Olivia in, but when I went in her room she wasn't in there. I kinda freaked a little bit. Then I went into our room and low and behold there she was. She must have walked down the hall to our room, climbed into our bed, and fell asleep. I mean, she was laying on your pillow and out like a light.

He carried her back to bed. As I lay there and he told me this story I kinda wanted to cry. I thought that it was really sweet. What a litte precious blessing.

No comments: