Monday, March 23, 2009

Things change so fast

Well, now that my computer is up and really running I will be back posting. Quite a bit has been going on here since Christmas. Olivia is potty-trained while awake, she can sing, dance, and talks too much, and we found out that we were expecting in September!!!









I was looking back through some old pictures, because Olivia is obsessed with babies now more than ever, only to find that I had lost my own little baby. Well, I mean she was still here just a bigger, faster, tantrum throwing version of that litttle girl. Don't get me wrong Olivia was no easy baby. I would sometimes go to the Dr and ask him, "Will she ever stop crying?" She was demanding then and still is! I remember being that new mommy afraid of the world and afraid for my little girl. That first night I just held her. I didn't sleep because I was lost in her. In the way she smelled, in the noises she made, in the way her little lungs were breathing real air for the first time. I was so proud to be her mom. Look out world here we come!!!!

Things are much of the same now.......except that I try to sleep whenever I can and it's more like "Look out world here comes Olivia!!!" Whew! She will keep ya busy. She is such a wonderful little person. She is compassionate, loving, big-hearted, mischevious, questioning, a climber, and full of laughter. What a blessing she is to me. As I think about where we have been in two and a half years I can't help remember the sleepless nights, the nights spent in a recliner at the hospital holding a sick baby who can't breathe if you put her down, and laughing. Olivia has always made me laugh. She has the funniest sense of humor. I love her!!! Recently it has become apparent that she has started really thinking for herslef. You know saying, doing things just for her. Saturday she decided she would pray at nap time...as we always do except it's usually me doing the praying. She squinted her little eyes shut and began, "Dear Lord thank you for mommy stay home, thank you for daddy go work, thank you for sunshine to go outside and swing. Amen!" It was the sweetest sound that my ears have ever heard. I didn't tell her to say it she just said what was on her heart. I love it when she walks up to me and hugs me and tells me she loves me. My little girl is growing up and with a new baby on the way I assure her that she will always be my first baby. The one that God wanted me to have first. I know that a second will change the dynamic some, but I love being close with Livi and I hope that never changes.

1 comment:

haydee288 said...

I am sooooooo excited for you. I would love to hang out with you girls sometime!