Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Halloween

We had a great Halloween! Olivia was a beautiful little ladybug. She looked so stinking cute in her outfit. She really enjoyed trick or treating. She would walk up to the door, knock, say "ticky teat" and then proceede to walk in like she owns the joint! Everyone got a really big laugh from that. She was the only child who would give you candy back if she thought you gave her too much. A house in the neighborhood had their front porch set up with strobes, smoke, and these two teenage boys dressed as these "dummies" sitting on the porch. My little Olivia Grace was the only child under 10 that was unafraid of the sight! She walked right up like she owned the joint, got her candy and said thank you! One of the boys was a gorilla and she waved and said, "Hi monkey." No fear Olivia!!
My dad used to do Halloween up every year. He was the "dummy" sitting on the proch. We would have the lights, smoke, dry ice. One year, we made our house a graveyard. Rachel and I always got too much candy because the kids that would come trick or treating would be so scared that they would drop their candy in the yard and be too afraid to pick it up! I was a scardy cat and would not get out of the car and walk up my own front porch because I was afraid of my dad. I would make my mom go with me in the back door so Daddy couldn't scare me. How funny!!! I loved Halloween and somewhere I got lost in there. Maybe next year we could have a haunted garage or something.

No comments: