So, over this last weekend I celebrated my 10 year High School Reunion. Let me give you a little back history. I LOVED HIGH SCHOOL!!! Fat and awkward describes me in middle school, but when I got across the street it was a different story. I was by no means the most popular girl in school and I really didn't ever fully fit into one group. I was way to busy and social for all that. I mingled with everyone. I was also with Phillip in High School so he knew lots of folks from my school and class. When I began getting emails about the reunion I was so excited!!! I mean what could be better than seeing all of your friends from school. I quickly set up a MySpace page and went a searchin'. I was looking for whoever would be my friend. Very easily I became addicted to it and Phillip would have to beg me off the computer. There was no way that I could stop. Finally he said to me, "It's not a popularity contest!" That's when it hit me and I replied, "YES it is!!!!" I had to have the most friends and know the most about every single one.
Needless to say after the first month I was just barely even checking my MySpace much less obsessing over it. I did find lots of folks, and got to see what they had been doing. I came to the horrible realization that probably 40% of my classmates either were divorced or were currently going through one. It really made me laugh that somehow in Phillip and my disfunctionalism it really was working. Most of my classmates had children...as do I. Then I got to the really bad stuff........skinny girls were still skinny!!! Post baby and babies!!!! I knew that I had to loose about 40lbs just to even show up. (there's that signature drama again) As the time went on the the reunion got closer I just really wanted to hang out with my old friends. Here is how the night went:
We picked up our friend Wendy (she set us up 10yrs ago!) and we were off to a restaurant called SOL. It's a Spanish restaurant....I kept spelling it for the longest because I didn't realize it was a word. We got there and what a breath of fresh air. It was like everyone that I was friends with was there. Everyone that I wanted to see was there. Everyone looked great and for the most part the same....different hair but the same faces. There were a couple of folks who were kinda out of it in school and they thought that Phillip went to our school. The guy said, "Hey don't I know you?" Phillip said, "Uh, I don't think so man. I didn't go to Page." The other guy just walked off and I had to laugh because it is even amazing that he knows his own name!!!! It was just great to talk about old stories and the jokes are just as funny now as they were all those years ago. See my school was different. There were a few of us that went K-12 together. You really don't hear of that much anymore with people moving all over. It was just really nice and we had a blast! We stayed out way too late and had too much fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment