Monday, September 22, 2008

When it rains it pours

Why is it that when the rain is already coming down in our lives it pours?? I was informed by a potential client who wanted me to nanny for her child that she has found someone else. I was left wondering reasons....was it my ability, was it because I have other children, was it money? She told me that it was because we were friends and she didn't want that to effect our friendship. We first began talking when she was just about 4 months pregnant. Did this cross her mind then? Why now and so sudden? I thought, "Are we really friends anyway?" She and I have been friends for years and our hubbies are college buddies. I would want nothing more than for someone to want to be with my child and to have the ease in knowing that someone that loves me is caring for my child. I feel like I have a thousand other things in my life and this was the BIG bomb!! I mean when it rains it pours right?! So last night after the anger wore off I decided to give it to God. I can't deal with the added stress right now in my life. So I prayed the hardest that I have prayed in a while and decided to wait it out. The Lord must have been listening because this morning I have already gotten two inquiries from other potential parents. You know the Lord is great like that. He will meet your needs if you give them to him. I am now trying to discern as to what he wants me to do...not so much what I want. The Lord wants us to depend on him and wants us to go down the path that he has chosen for us. So now we wait. I am waiting to see what pans out with the situation all the while keeping my focus on him. I may never know the truth as to why she chose to make that decision, but the Lord does. I don't know if it would've effected us or not, the Lord does. He is in control. Maybe there is a little ray of sunshine poking through! Thank the Lord!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Erica,
I am so sorry she changed her mind. I thought something was wrong with you and Phillip on Sunday and again on Monday. You never mentioned it to me. I know you heart is broken. You were so excited about having the new baby be a part of your home and family. I don't think she will find anyone else as kind, loving and trustworthy as you. I am so proud of the young woman you have grown up to be. You are doing the right thing turning this over to God. We need to ask him for guidance every day. I will pray for you and ask God to put his loving arms around you and lead you down the right path. My heart breaks for you. As a mother you hurt when your child hurts, that never changes no matter the age of your child. I love you and will be here for you if you need me.
Love ya, Mom

Amy said...

Erica..
It is so true that God knows what's best for us and truly He is the only One who knows the begining, middle, and the end of how that story might have turned out in the end! Learning to praise Him and trust Him in all situations is a lesson I believe we never stop learning! I am so proud of you for realizing there are other babies around the corner in your future! Love you girl!

Amy